How does "Custom..." option work? I've downloaded 3.0.1 version dmg and applied atvPwn with the custom option. It uploaded final.dmg to appletv's Uploads folder. But there are no IR, GF & EFI updates. Should I upload them manually and fire up osupdate?--Garrych 13:17, 9 November 2009 (CET)
When running atvpwn for 3.0.2:
- -bash-2.05b$ sudo Updates/osupdate
- 2010-02-13 07:13:49.469 osupdate Running on Apple TV 1.1+
- 2010-02-13 07:13:52.603 osupdate Requesting update
- Shutdown NOW!
- shutdown: [pid 204]
- sh: line 1: /usr/bin/wall: No such file or directory
- System shutdown time has arrived
- /System/Library/StartupItems/AutoBind/AutoBind: line 1: dirname: command not found
- /System/Library/StartupItems/AutoBind/AutoBind: line 1: basename: command not found
- Stopping Network Information Service
- /System/Library/StartupItems/RemoteDesktopAgent/RemoteDesktopAgent: line 17: /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart: No such file or directory
- Stopping Apache web server
- /System/Library/StartupItems/Apache/Apache: line 33: apachectl: command not found
- Stopping network time synchronization
- Connection to appletv.local closed by remote host.
- Connection to appletv.local closed.
It ran the update and rebooted but now I can't see the Menu. I can play music and video using the iphone remote but it won't display the menu. I can use the atv remote, holding down menu +, to cycle through all the resolutions. it also shows the boot video so it's not a problem with my tv or cables, it just won't display the menus in any resolution. I also can no longer ssh into it either using appletv.local or its last IP.
Please let me know if you have a fix for this. I'm going to try the latest patchstick in the meantime.
--Caliban10 08:54, 13 February 2010 (CET)
Fixed it. Ran atvpwn without ATVFiles selected. Menus are back.
--Caliban10 15:21, 13 February 2010 (CET)