mia kirshner foto di ascanio ati x550 classifica di calcio italiano serie a digitale panasonic stampanti laserjet colori bred pitt troy driver stampanti zr zavidovici hard disk 120 gb diamond max come produrre l elettricita ristoranti a roma just one last dance lyrics pornografi gratis masterpieces of modern soul cd musicali gold mining sophie ellis baxtor casa playgirl hp 4 megapixel samsung 17 tft 710v multivision hex keys giuseppe verdi macbeth sandra 360 jenna jameson foto porno lo zelig circus aminoacidi bcaa zdc oregon scientific sveglie orologi trolley da cabina colonna sonora del gladiatore http www provincia napoli it lultimo ponte lo strano per per corso dodi al fayed invasione usa biglietti visita vivid 80 mp3 creative muvo n200 1 gb orologio eberhard lo prende nel culo gang band di colore rx600 epson ginevra alberghi e hotel wilson pickett nalin and kane cicco musiche film il gladiatore il mondo insieme a te video traduzione in italiano di fuck it the star spangled banner l uselin d le comare video curtain falls dei blue alisa jealous guy oh oh cavallo navigatori satellitari momo mies van de rohe hp photosmart 320 lavoro come baby sitter estate 2004 fire goccedimemoria gigabyte sli mb enermax no al hir aj cam email varia calidad i ll missing you di puffy daddy heather nova bilsemki gioco senza audio letra goticas lybra lx plais nu flow bay toshiba fattorie del sole srl hityou video sailor mars transflash sd card segui la stella indirizzi numeri telefono privati bergamo e provin casse audio professionali d70s nikon foto lesbica azioni photoshop lyricas de daddy yankee pregomin milupa digitale terrestre decoder interattivo macchine e moto guerra americana con soldati un mondo d amore logitech tastiera internet desktop pro la bestia film dvd mp3 philips lettori creature windvd platinum dvd tft tv the pretenders greatest hits nemalion occhiali sole ferre == Measured power usage ==
Measured with Kill-A-Watt, 119V input, tested with 720p output to LCD (not plugged in to wattmeter)
Note: These figures have also been confirmed with a 240V unit.
- Main menu: 14-15W
- Playing a 640x480 XviD file: 17-18W
- dnetc -benchmark2: 20W
- "Sleeping" (white light off, no video output after holding down Play button): 14-15W
- After a "shutdown -h now" command: 15W
- Is there any way to further reduce power usage, e.g., disabling the graphics processor?
- Perhaps swapping out the hard drive for a flash based card like is being done with iPod Minis nowadays?
- What about a "Shutdown" frappliance that physically turned it off. (Realising that some sort of hard power switch would probably be needed to turn it back on).
Also as much as 30% of the power could be used by the AC-DC transformer, running straight from DC could lower the amps used.
- Doing a pmset -g yields:
-bash-2.05b$ pmset -g System-wide power settings: SleepDisabled 1 Active Profiles: AC Power -1* Currently in use: disksleep 15 hibernatemode 0 displaysleep 1 powerbutton 0 sleep 30 autorestart 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
So it looks like sleep has been "disabled" in the sense of traditional mac sleep. I am not super adept at the pmset command, and can't seem to find a way to reverse that setting. You are able to play with the settings currently in use (setting disksleep to 5, or 10 for example), but trying to set womp gives no results. A pmset -g cap gives you:
-bash-2.05b$ pmset -g cap Capabilities for AC Power: displaysleep disksleep sleep autorestart powerbutton
Additional, you can directly edit the file: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist. At the bottom is the setting for SleepDisabled, which is set to true by default.
Note: I just changed the file so SleepDisabled is false, saved changes and rebooted. The settings were saved, and now I will see if the system goes to "sleep" on its own. I'll also report back if the AppleTV cools down at all, or if it appears the hard drive has spun down.
I have tried SleepDisabled false, but I doesn't help. The consumption is always 14-15W when idle or "switched off".
On the other hand if you "switch off" the Apple TV by holding play/pause key for 5 seconds and then you look at pmset -g there will be
disksleep 1 displaysleep 1
while in normal state there are zeros. The harddrive seems to sleep (I feel a delay issuing commands in commandline), but the consumption stays the same 14-15W :(
- Power supply efficiency
- Efficiency is measured as effective output power divided by input power (Po/Pi x 100 %). Pi can be measure as above using a Kill-A-Watt meter (you should take the Pi measurements at the same time as you measure the DC output current). To obtain Po (recall that Po = VI), first measure the DC output voltage (V) of the supply using a multi-meter in parallel with the output supply (this value should remain relatively constant regardless of what function the AppleTV is performing). Next, measure the DC current (I) using the multi-meter remembering that the meter must be placed in series with the DC output voltage from the power supply for this measurement (the output current will vary with what function the AppleTV is performing - current is proportional to processing load). Then, the output power (Po) is computed by multiplying the measured DC voltage by the measured DC current (Po = VI).
- The digital wattmeter I have can measure P and U*I. If I remember well P=U*I*cos phi, where phi is the phase and cos phi is the efficiency. For AppleTV I have measured in idle P=15W and U*I=31VA, the efficiency seems to be comparable with my laptop power supply, where I have P=30W and U*I=60VA.