umidificatore sigari web kat gratis donatella donatella rettore colonnine hexalot toshiba satellite 2x512 antivirus norton delonghi 220 stylus dx4800 cd cover archive bruno lauzi midi free giannis mantova trans havens here comes torn apart plugin divx amstrad dvd lettori e i don t want herbie un maggiolino tutto interrogazione client server boners epson gt 15000 batterie t39 mediterraneo film dvd kodak obiettivi plastificatrice esselte i fratelli dinamite rs mmc 256 dual voltage sigma sd9 julian beck monolocale da acquistare al mare registratore dvd hard disk philips rex rc 185 x polizza vita tiziano ferro de tardes negras mp3 retorciendo palabras fangoria registrazione lettori mp3 videoclip juanes malu mader francepresse scarpe all star converse americane legge 218 1995 testi canzoni enrico ruggeri calendario casalinghe 2003 foto vacanze alle maldive pietnastu m c sircom divafutura asus mt32 leonhardt monitor computer schermo piatto zyxel prestige 660hw can t stop nike portachiavi diocesi salerno toner ml1510 shoshan cl com fineco am azionario italia maserati quattroporte 42 v8 biglietto aereo roma bangkok www christina a com asus p5ad2e deluxe codreanu mihai oregano humax satellite f2 poesie sul tramonto adidas f50 plus fasciatoio four ozone mia ai ha videocatture bmw 320 ci destruction derby arenas la misteriosa fiamma della regina preparazione polini traduci la parola luce in latino batteria e730 kin kiang fattoria della vigna ciclo mestruale agriturismo lampedusa linosa nippel tacco alto roberto cavalli calzature shoot to trill pokemon it qualcosa di travolgente mouse con puntatore laser asse bagno good time cd anna tatangelo championship manager 5 casalinghe tettone love ads home theatre sanyo vanity srl transseks sm 323t zrenjanin biglietti per concerto ericsson t68i mangiameli stelio home page ragazze con foto per bloobs norton security 2005 giochi adulti fedelissima gps pc il gioco del 15 sony net md il castello dei gatti cactus schiaccianoci korku codici tv sat offerta lavoro marche arredamento interni carmen duran goliath e la schiava ribelle rappers keys canal sat et tps smc adsl router nec n341i software schede madri foxconn ordine odontoiatri di milano davide e golia hp 6315 ipaq golf v gti cartoon bondage www tom jones com volo san gimignano serate 18 09 04 nissan micra anno 2000 wgallery org hp stampante laser 1320 new york car insurance pronta a splendere amstrad tv 10 the films of paul newman jessica canizales fujitsu siemens lcd girl nude toy teen hema italy anthem campeggi isola d elba altoparlanti fiat didi khalid testi canzoni popolari liguri monitor lcd gnr la casa in mango street agordo torino smsmania goodbye lionel richie donne mature sicilia comune di mogliano veneto hit parade estate 2002 valente might and magic viii mercado y sus clases tele due exilim z50 casio bomberman hardball rsmmc 512 suonerie polifoniche siemens c60 maracaibo mare forza 9 dj kit universita appunti zen 20 gb forum assago 2004 lampada da testa sapere it patrician3 ricevitore gps bluethoot affitti appartamento terni sistema modulare occhiali sole ray ban aviator weber broutin www quellenhof it accessori tv nokia hs 2r ultra 160 fabio bagnasco two much interrabang esee toruk 2 byc nie miec 2 snm enerzona omega 3 rx www boffi it orni frigorifero rex classe a goodbye lover tv satellite telecom italia servizio clienti residenz www psicopedagogia com one point 0 dragonball z clips chocholina com mystero stazione climatica == Measured power usage ==
Measured with Kill-A-Watt, 119V input, tested with 720p output to LCD (not plugged in to wattmeter)
Note: These figures have also been confirmed with a 240V unit.
- Main menu: 14-15W
- Playing a 640x480 XviD file: 17-18W
- dnetc -benchmark2: 20W
- "Sleeping" (white light off, no video output after holding down Play button): 14-15W
- After a "shutdown -h now" command: 15W
- Is there any way to further reduce power usage, e.g., disabling the graphics processor?
- Perhaps swapping out the hard drive for a flash based card like is being done with iPod Minis nowadays?
- What about a "Shutdown" frappliance that physically turned it off. (Realising that some sort of hard power switch would probably be needed to turn it back on).
Also as much as 30% of the power could be used by the AC-DC transformer, running straight from DC could lower the amps used.
- Doing a pmset -g yields:
-bash-2.05b$ pmset -g System-wide power settings: SleepDisabled 1 Active Profiles: AC Power -1* Currently in use: disksleep 15 hibernatemode 0 displaysleep 1 powerbutton 0 sleep 30 autorestart 1 hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
So it looks like sleep has been "disabled" in the sense of traditional mac sleep. I am not super adept at the pmset command, and can't seem to find a way to reverse that setting. You are able to play with the settings currently in use (setting disksleep to 5, or 10 for example), but trying to set womp gives no results. A pmset -g cap gives you:
-bash-2.05b$ pmset -g cap Capabilities for AC Power: displaysleep disksleep sleep autorestart powerbutton
Additional, you can directly edit the file: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist. At the bottom is the setting for SleepDisabled, which is set to true by default.
Note: I just changed the file so SleepDisabled is false, saved changes and rebooted. The settings were saved, and now I will see if the system goes to "sleep" on its own. I'll also report back if the AppleTV cools down at all, or if it appears the hard drive has spun down.
I have tried SleepDisabled false, but I doesn't help. The consumption is always 14-15W when idle or "switched off".
On the other hand if you "switch off" the Apple TV by holding play/pause key for 5 seconds and then you look at pmset -g there will be
disksleep 1 displaysleep 1
while in normal state there are zeros. The harddrive seems to sleep (I feel a delay issuing commands in commandline), but the consumption stays the same 14-15W :(
- Power supply efficiency
- Efficiency is measured as effective output power divided by input power (Po/Pi x 100 %). Pi can be measure as above using a Kill-A-Watt meter (you should take the Pi measurements at the same time as you measure the DC output current). To obtain Po (recall that Po = VI), first measure the DC output voltage (V) of the supply using a multi-meter in parallel with the output supply (this value should remain relatively constant regardless of what function the AppleTV is performing). Next, measure the DC current (I) using the multi-meter remembering that the meter must be placed in series with the DC output voltage from the power supply for this measurement (the output current will vary with what function the AppleTV is performing - current is proportional to processing load). Then, the output power (Po) is computed by multiplying the measured DC voltage by the measured DC current (Po = VI).
- The digital wattmeter I have can measure P and U*I. If I remember well P=U*I*cos phi, where phi is the phase and cos phi is the efficiency. For AppleTV I have measured in idle P=15W and U*I=31VA, the efficiency seems to be comparable with my laptop power supply, where I have P=30W and U*I=60VA.