Measured power usage
Measured with Kill-A-Watt, 119V input, tested with 720p output to LCD (not plugged in to wattmeter)
Note: These figures have also been confirmed with a 240V unit.
- Main menu: 14-15W
- Playing a 640x480 XviD file: 17-18W
- dnetc -benchmark2: 20W
- "Sleeping" (white light off, no video output after holding down Play button): 14-15W
- After a "shutdown -h now" command: 15W
- Is there any way to further reduce power usage, e.g., disabling the graphics processor?
- Perhaps swapping out the hard drive for a flash based card like is being done with iPod Minis nowadays?