Difference between revisions of "NitoTV Take 3"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Revision as of 04:43, 23 October 2010
nitoTV take 3 - For AppleTV 2G Take 3: 4.1
Current Version: 0.1
Release date: Oct 22nd, 2010
Current as of: Oct 22nd, 2010
This appliance is a continuation of nitoTV on AppleTV 1G. Right now we just have weather and RSS support implemented, will try and get the rest of the original functionality implemented as soon as possible.
This appliance is Copyright © 2007-2010 nito llc. All Rights Reserved.
0.1 Initial Release, Weather and RSS support only.
- Jailbreak your Apple TV2
- SSH into your Apple TV2, the default password is "alpine"
- Type: "passwd" and enter a new password (if you haven't already)
- Type: echo "deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
- Type: apt-get update
- Type: apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV
- Type: killall Lowtide
- Enjoy :)
Adding feeds to RSS and Weather (after deleting original feeds) plugin crashes.
The following is the list of features that are highest priority of the flavor of nitoTV. There is no particular time frame, some of these things may not even be possible to replicate from older versions. Inclusion on this list isn't a promise or a guarantee that these things can be done, but we'll do our best.
1. Codec Support (Native MPlayer or VLC implementation) 2. AFP/SMB/NFS Support 3. DVD folder/ISO Playback
There will be more information added to this page pending my time to think of it, or do it.