MythTV on AppleTV
For general discution and testing of getting MythTV running on the AppleTV.
- Enable SSH on the AppleTV
- Copy over the App Launcher Plugin
- Copy over MythTV intel
- Copy over Fonts /Library/Fonts /System/Library/Fonts ~/Library/Fonts to the same locations on AppleTV
- Edit the AppList.txt File to point to the MythTV binary file
- Reboot AppleTV and Enjoy channel surfing.
- Confirmed, This is working for me exactly as described. Dr Omega 05:57, 25 May 2007 (CEST)
A question: What hardware tuner do you use? Is it plugged to Apple-TV USB? --Only Mythfrontend works in OSX you need a Mythbackend and tv tuner in a linux box. It does stream the content over the wireless just fine though, and looks good too. I just have a Leadteck card (bout $50) in my file server. Dr Omega 21:49, 25 May 2007 (CEST)