The AwkwardTV intends to expand the value of the Apple TV by finding new uses for it in legitimate ways.
Since users have asked for some explanation, here are some examples. Those are in no way comprehensive, and should not be considered legal advice, but should give you a good overall understanding what this project is all about and what it is not.
Examples of legitimate activities include:
- Expanding Open Source drivers and applications, e.g., from the Darwin project
- Porting Linux to the Apple TV
- Describing the behavior of the Apple TV
- Finding and fixing bugs
- Improving compatibility
Examples of activities that must probably be considered not legitimate and hence will not be tolerated include:
- Conducting or reporting about ctivities that might void your End User License Agreement(s)
- Making accessible material that is not licensed for distribution
- Disseminating knowledge that was acquired in a way that might violate any laws, especially copyright
Users are responsible for their postings
All postings and comments are property of the users that posted them.