Applications Menu Appliance
May 28th, 2007
This appliance is Copyright © 2007 AK2007 of awkwardTV. All Rights Reserved.
This appliance will enable you to execute any application that that can run on an Intel based Mac. Please note that AppleTV has a stripped down version of OSX and may not be able to run all applications. The Plugin reads the list of the applications and their options from a configuration file and presents them to the users as menu options.
- Please note as of May 28, 2007 V1.1 has not been released - This note will be removed when it is released.
This plugin was developed by AK2007 of AwkwardTV.
Images were created by BigBaconAndEggs of AwkwardTV. Many thanks to Alan Quatermain of AwkwardTV for the wonderful tutorials and a robust debugging environment, and |bile| of AwkwardTV for their assistance in solving several techincal issues. Special thanks to Eric III of Awkward TV and Erica Sadun for the sample code.
- Initial version that suspended BackRow and launched an application.
- Added support to kill the Finder.app and run apps
- Added support to close applications that do not support the remote control
- Changed the format of the configuration file
- Added menus to close Finder and reboot AppleTV
- Added support for launching background applications
- Added support for passing arguments
- Allow Filname substitions in the arguments list allow users to browse for target files
- Allow adding and removing items from the AppleTV UI
- Allow changing options from AppleTV UI
File Location and Name \Users\frontrow\Applist.txt The configuration file contains the list of applications one per line. The format is Menu Label,path/to/your/app
Please Note : You have to find the actual executable usually located in Contents\MacOS directory.
Copyright © 2007 AK2007 of awkwardTV. All Rights Reserved.
Icons by BigBaconAndEggs of AwkwardTV.
AppleTV is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. AppleTV and BackRow are Copyright © 2006-2007 Apple, Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, publish, and/or distribute copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
The author is in no way affiliated with Apple, Inc.