AppleTV OS 3.0
Released October 29, 2009
From Apple: "The new software for Apple TV features a simpler and faster interface that gives you instant access to your favorite content," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of Internet Services. "HD movies and HD TV shows from iTunes have been a huge hit with Apple TV customers, and with Apple TV 3.0 they get great new features including iTunes Extras, Genius Mixes and Internet radio."
- Redesigned main menu
- iTunes LPs and iTunes Extras are available in full-screen, enhancing the viewer experience for audio and video titles
Confirmed working in 3.0:
- Patchstick created with OS 2.1 works. SSH enabled. Accessing AppleTV with Cyberduck (sftp) works great.
- Patchstick created with OS 3.0 works as well.
- QuickTime components (a.k.a. codecs) work.
- Composite Colour
- AppleFileShare Server (AFP) working using afpinstall.sh and ATV-Recover image.
- Overall, it appears that most of the non-GUI hacks work but the GUI ones are broken (not surprisingly).
- LaunchMore! 0.4 works with ATV firmware 3.0
- XBMC/Boxee Launcher (only XBMC working)
- NitoTV 0.81
Not working in 3.0:
- Manually installing XBMC works with this alpha of launcher
- (id)controllerForIdentifier:(id)identifier -> - (id)controllerForIdentifier:(id)identifier args:(id) identifier2
USB and watchdog patch offsets are unchanged from 2.4.
dmg name: 2Z694-5789-067.dmg
download location: ATVFirmware version 3.0
SoftwareMenu installs but as expected, GUI is broken. Clicking items only causes 'tic' sound without any response from the on-screen menu. Wait for GUI stuff to be upgraded if you can't afford to lose the hacks.
Getting error when i try and use installer -bash-2.05b$ installer dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTIN3KJS11InterpreterE