AppleTV OS 2.4
Released June 24, 2009
From Apple's changelog (see external link):
|Remote app directional control||Control your Apple TV with simple finger gestures via the Remote app. This feature requires Remote 1.3 running on an iPhone or iPod touch with iPhone OS 3.0.|
|Flickr Search||Search Flickr photo tags to find recently updated photos of interest. Save searches to quickly find new photos or use as a screen saver for Apple TV.|
|New view options||View movies By Genre, By Movie, or Unwatched. View TV Shows and Podcasts By Date, By Show, or Unwatched.|
|Updated transport and chapter modes||During video playback, click right or left to fast forward or rewind. Additional clicks increase the speed. Click down to show chapter markers.|
From MacRumors comments (see external link):
- "The update has now enabled the use of the on-screen iPhone keyboard for text input on the ATV!" (didn't this already work?)
- "You'll need to plug your patchstick back in, reboot, wait for the patchstick to install Launcher, reboot again, then update Launcher and Boxee to the latest releases (Boxee just put out a new release last night too)."
Confirmed working in 2.4:
- NitoTV Take 2 0.7.6+
- Boxee (updated version for 2.4, don't know version number)
- Boxee Twitter feed - "if you upgraded your Apple TV to 2.4: run patchstick again, update launcher, download latest boxee and you'll be back boxeeing"
- presumably version 0.9.12.6566?
- LaunchMore (install using PatchStickBuilder)
- please add your experiences here...
- Apple Support Article HT3187 - About Apple TV software updates
- MacRumors - Apple TV 2.4 Update Now Available, Updated Remote App with Gestures (with comments)
- Ars Technica - Gesture around like a loon with Apple TV 2.4 update (with comments)
unplayedPodcastImage in BRThemeInfo replaced with unplayedVideoImage