AppleTV OS 2.3.1
Released Febraury 25, 2009
AppleTV OS 2.3.1 is a minor update. It features a Network Test function.
Confirmed working in 2.3.1:
- ssh (apply patchstick)
- Sapphire (run installer)
- afp (run installer script)
- rtorrent (run installer script)
- boxee (reinstall via patchstick) as mentioned on Twitter
- ATVFiles (run installer script)
- NitoTV Take 2
- Official Apple TV software updates info
- Announcement on Apple TV Hacks
- Article on TUAW/The Unofficial Apple Weblog
If you want to downgrade to 2.3 after updating to 2.3.1 do the following.
1) Download the 2.3 software from Apple.
2) Prevent your Apple TV from updating to 2.3.1 on its own in the future.
sudo bash -c 'echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts'
3) Copy the disk image into /Users/frontrow/Updates. Note that the Updates directory gets deleted after each update, so don't leave anything in there that you want to keep.
4) Download osupdate into /Users/frontrow
chmod u+x osupdate sudo ./osupdate