AppleTV OS 2.1
Released on July 10, 2008, 87 days after 2.0.2.
- Changed .Mac to MobileMe (MacRumors)
- iPhone/iPod Touch remote capabilities (MacRumors)
- improved photo browsing, with thumbnails (MacRumors forum)
- Added "Wishlist" to Movie Rentals
- Movies currently only available for purchase now displays date when available for rent.
- Trailers view has changed to big thumbnails of movie posters (macrumors forum)
- The 'Clear' button has been added to the onscreen keyboard (macrumors forum)
- Streaming of photos from mobileme and from iPhoto on your mac (macrumors forum)
- The music album list now has album artwork thumbnails (macrumors forum)
- Internet Radio Playlists are working again (macrumors forum)
Questions & Answers
- Does Patchstick still work?
- Patchstick works
- Will this undo my custom apps?
- Yes, it will definitely undo any Finder plug-ins, not sure about the Applications directory, but I can confirm that it empties out the /Library/QuickTime/ directory
- Will it mess with files inside the frontrow directory?
- Your "frontrow" directory (~/) will be left intact.
- Ruin my samba server and take away my external USB hard drive?
- Yes it will break Samba, as well as SSHD. You'll need to Patchstick again to get SSH working.
- What custom apps will work after being re-installed?
- nitoTV works :) --Nito 09:28, 12 July 2008 (CEST)
- Home MediaCloud installs safely, but crashes the Finder when you attempt to browse directories
- ATVFiles has been reported as still working
- iClarified USB Patch (built using 2.0.2) confirmed working in 2.1
- Is it now possible to select the track / language to play for files with multiple audio tracks (Handbrake)?
- As yet unanswered
- RUIPreferenceManager is gone, there is a new BRPreferences-FRExtensions that is probably some type of replacement
- the BackRow framework now has two new frameworks inside, BackRowFoundation.framework and BackRowHardware.framework. Some classes have been moved around like screen release and AC3 control
- BRMediaPreviewControllerFactory has been replaced with BRMediaPreviewControlFactory