case 3 5 la linea del fiume integratori per capelli altoparlanti per portatili logitech desktop laser vp 110 il signore dei piselli modelle del est verbatim cdr extra surface protection gangsters paradise coolio il fuoco nell astrologia bianca printer server bluetooth nortek tastiere elenco telefonico di foggia riassunto storia di una capinera foto bei ragazzo lotta greco romana immagini occhiali ray ban aviator elm tralalala foto vasco rossi milano storie di uomini e di mare il poggione ray connif patch 13 per ufo aftermath km0 volkswagen golf plus diesel auto km sitiporno www music com paraurti dsc u30 regiane annuncio camper usato shhh handa zeelda monster trunc beta the wall tradicion de dia de muertos en mexico bx 20 cameltoes km 0 y car adapter cognomi sardi e stemmi www regioneliguria it profumi donna dolce vita prezzo voli aerei sabrina ferilli festa scudetto console game boy www telecom ita mappa tokyo fifa o6 maurice larcange www marcopolo ion it philips radiosveglia pavimenti in marmo follw me down paradisi porno switch dhcp www frecuencialatina com infermiere pompinare porno ortaggi camera abbiategrasso festival di sanremo 1959 foto eva enger motorola v600 caricabatterie yu gi ho pc viaggio marocco elenco calorie incidenti praticando sport barak ehud patricide gps nokia 6630 hip pop materiali da costruzione the day afetr tomorrow sterminate gruppo zero magazzini di vercelli la tragedia del capitano scott corso industrial design giochi computer bambini dina game incontro mogliano veneto sony ericson testo canzone cantante n ostellato samsung dvd v 5350 kilt scozia carrello usati np il segreto radio www aclamadas com ar rs mmc 512 6680 dv game boyt wireless altoparlanti 5 1 scheda madre socket 478 creazione sito falso orgasmo harry belafonte island in the sun testi canzoni gianni dany fax machine 4 15 rex congelatore 4 cassetti jack stereo www key sat com lorella vendita calzature luois amstrong fiat punto multijet 5 porte occhiali ray ban caravan finanziamento gubbio hoodia online cheap tramadol cheap cialis cheap wellbutrin hindi ringtones latin ringtones adderall online free downloadable ringtones free love ringtones cheap albuterol cheap ultracet cheap viagra cheap lisinopril cheap celebrex free blackberry ringtones tramadol online darvon online buy metformin cheap zithromax cheap zyban free turkey ringtones viagra online free pop ringtones philips ringtones free audiovox ringtones cheap ativan cheap amitriptyline humour ringtones cheap xenical cheap metformin diflucan online darvon online cheap meridia buy celexa free cricket ringtones free nextel ringtones bontril online free sony ringtones cheap metronidazole cheap synthroid cheap pharmacy cheap vardenafil rivotril online cheap pharmacy buy lorazepam effexor online lipitor hydrocodone cheap vardenafil cheap norco vardenafil online free blackberry ringtones free vocal ringtones carisoprodol online retro ringtones cheap clonazepam ephedra cheap azithromycin oxycontin online prozac cheap ringtones order lortab t-mobile ringtones cheap dianabol midi ringtones motorola ringtones but xanax buy carisoprodol pharmacy car insurance florida free jungle ringtones cheap rivotril buy tamiflu jazz ringtones free punk ringtones order synthroid rivotril online free voice ringtones buy clonazepam northwest airline prozac online cool ringtones cheap cyclobenzaprine cheap valtrex free audiovox ringtones cheap buspar free downloadable ringtones jetblueairlines cheap diovan free sharp ringtones diethylpropion online texas holdem poker phendimetrazine online buy ambien buy alprazolam toques ringtones cheap tamiflu buy viagra sony ericsson ringtones cheap clomid free toques ringtones order flonase cheap ionamin qwest ringtones cheap nexium flagyl diovan online cheap oxycontin blackberry ringtones protonix online ATVFiles README
Version 0.4.0 (22)
July 23, 2007
Screenshot gallery: http://www.tuaw.com/photos/atv-files-beta/
Download: http://ericiii.net/sa/appletv/ATVFiles-0.4.0.tar.gz (3.1MB)
Discussion forum: http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewforum.php?f=18
Copyright (c) 2007 Eric Steil III (ericiii.net)
Simple file browser plugin for Apple TV Finder. Think XBMC, it can play video files without transcoding and syncing/streaming them.
Please note that ATVFiles does not provide the codecs. Perian (http://perian.org) and A52Codec (http://trac.cod3r.com/a52codec/) are highly recommended to be installed to provide support for a wide variety of codecs.
See http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/ for more details.
Engadget has posted a pretty good tutorial on setting ATVFiles up from scratch on an unmodified Apple TV: http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/10/how-to-play-divx-and-xvid-on-your-apple-tv/
1. Copy ATVFiles.frappliance to this folder:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns on the Apple TV. You may want to create a symlink from there to some more convenient place.
2. Restart Finder.
ps awx|grep [F]inder will list the PID as the first number, then running
kill PID will kill it. The Finder will be automatically restarted.
If you have the Apple TV drive mounted on your local system, the correct path is on the OSBoot volume.
If you have the drive installed in the Apple TV, you will likely have to mount the root partition as read-write (using sudo /sbin/mount -uw /) to copy it. The command sudo /sbin/mount -ur / will reverse the above action.
Enter the new "Files" menu on the main menu.
It lists files in /Users/frontrow/Movies, so mount or put your video files in that folder. If there is nothing in the "Movies" folder the Files menu will not show up in the main menu.
NOTE: 0.3 MAY HAVE A DELAY UPON ENTERING A DIRECTORY FOR THE FIRST TIME WHILE IT CACHES METADATA AND FILE DURATIONS. FOR A LARGE DIRECTORY THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES, DURING WHICH THERE IS NO INDICATION OF ANY ACTIVITY.
ATVFiles looks for cover art in either JPG, TIFF, or PNG formats. It looks for specific filenames of the following formats (the jpg extension is an example, and can be either jpg, tif, tiff, or png):
For folders: Either folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the folder.
For other files: The same as the filename without the extension, and the image extension (jpg, tif, tiff, png). For instance, anchorman-xvid.avi would look for anchorman-xvid.jpg for cover art.
The preferences can be set using the defaults command, such as:
defaults write net.ericiii.ATVFiles RootDirectory /mnt/Server
To change a boolean preference, use:
defaults write net.ericiii.ATVFiles EnableAC3Passthrough -bool YES
Finder needs to be restarted to pick up any changes.
The preferences available are:
RootDirectory: The path it looks at when first entering the plugin.
- Defaults to /Users/frontrow/Movies (or whatever user the ATV interface is running as, i.e. frontrow on Apple TV)
EnableAC3Passthrough: Boolean, enable AC3 passthrough support in A52Codec (see 0.3.0 release notes for details)
- Default: NO
EnableFileDurations: Boolean, disable scanning files for their duration, as it can be slow.
- Default: YES
ShowFileExtensions: Boolean, show filename extensions
- Default: YES
ShowFileSize: Boolean, show file size
- Default: YES
ShowUnplayedDot: Boolean, show the blue unplayed dot
- Default: YES
VideoExtensions: Array of file extensions (without leading ".") that are video files.
- Default: (m4v, 3gp, m3u, pls, divx, xvid, avi, mov, wmv, asx, asf, ogm, mpg, mpeg, mp4, mkv, avc, flv, dv, fli, m2v, ts)
AudioExtensions: Array of file extensions (without leading ".") that are audio files.
- Default: (m4b, m4a, mp3, wma, wav, aif, aiff, flac, alac, m3u, mp2)
ResumeOffset: Integer, number of seconds to add to the bookmark time when resuming. Negative will go back in time.
- Default: 0
Note: Files with extensions not listed in either VideoExtensions or AudioExtensions are not displayed. Just because an extension is listed does not mean it will play without appropriate components installed, the list is mostly copied from XBMC.
When updating the VideoExtensions and AudioExtensions pref, you must include all default items (if you want them), the defaults will not be used if you override them. You also must use the array options (-array and -array-add) to defaults to update them. The extensions should also be listed in lowercase.
The list of extensions is also used to determine which player (video or audio) is used for playback.
XML Metadata Format
The xml file is looked for along side the video file (and cover art), with the same name and an "xml" extension. That is, "anchorman-divx.avi" will look for "anchorman-divx.xml".
Not all of the fields are shown in the UI, this just represents the data stored and available internally.
Example file, see the wiki for more complete examples:
<media type="TV Show"> <title>Title</title> <artist>Artist</artist> <summary>Summary of Media</summary> <description>Description of Media</description> <publisher>Publisher</publisher> <composer>Composer</composer> <copyright>Copyright</copyright> <userStarRating>5</userStarRating> <starRating>5</starRating> <rating>TV-PG</rating> <seriesName>Veronica Mars</seriesName> <broadcaster>The CW</broadcaster> <episodeNumber>101</episodeNumber> <season>1</season> <episode>1</episode> <published>2006-01-01</published> <acquired>2006-01-01</acquired> <duration>3600</duration> <genres> <genre primary="true">Mystery</genre> <genre>Drama</genre> </genres> <cast> <name>Kristen Bell</name> </cast> <producers> <name>Rob Thomas</name> </producers> <directors> <name>Rob Thomas</name> </directors> </media>
Random Notes about the data:
- All these are optional
- duration is only to override if the QuickTime scanning gets it wrong, otherwise it should not be used.
- rating will display graphics for the usual ones (R, TV-PG, etc.)
- the type attribute has some control over the values shown in the metadata, possible values are "Song", "Music Video", "Podcast", "Movie", "TV Show", "Audio Book". The default type is Movie
- published is the original air date for TV Shows
- not all values are actually used for display, regardless of the "type", but all are stored
For some examples, see ATVFiles XML Metadata
0.4.0 (22) July 23, 2007
- Add new icon from Telusman.
- Proper music playback with fancy UI.
- Fixed holding files open, preventing deletion.
- Actually set the A52Codec passthrough preference on startup, for real (AC3 passthrough should work now without setting the com.cod3r.a52codec preference).
- Gracefully handle XML files in a format other than expected.
- No longer stores a bookmark time when a file has been completely played.
- Use mplayer for duration checking, should be somewhat faster overall now, at the expense of a much larger download size.
- Disable sound effects when playing back video with AC3 passthrough enabled
- Reverted directory scanning code, should cope better with non-ASCII filenames.
- Stop music playback when starting video/exiting ATVFiles.
0.3.2 (14) June 20, 2007
- Update for compatibility with the Apple TV 1.1 update.
0.3.1 (13) May 20, 2007
- Add resume feature to 0.3.0 release notes.
- Fix problem with disabling file duration scanning ignoring duration specified in XML file.
- Add ResumeOffset preference to allow offsetting the resume time.
- Fix crash with changing media type in XML.
0.3.0 (12) May 19, 2007
- Remember last playback position and offer to resume resume.
- Show blue dots next to unplayed files
- Read metadata from an XML file alongside the media file (like coverart)
- See above for the format
- Add EXPERIMENTAL AC3 Passthrough support with the EnableAC3Passthrough preference when using optical audio out.
- This requires Perian 1.0.
- Will not work properly for non-48k sample rate AC3 tracks, as it sets the sample rate to 48000 on startup and leaves it there. These, however, are rare.
- Fix stripping extensions from folder names
- Use home directory of current user instead of hardcoding /Users/frontrow/Movies
- Hide the files "Icon\r" (folder icons), "Desktop DB" and "Desktop DF" from listings
- Revert to showing on all sources, not just local
- Can be changed by adjusting the value of FRRemoteAppliance in Info.plist
- Include fix from alan_quatermain to allow the main menu to scroll if there are a bunch of items
0.2.2 (8) April 11, 2007
- Added French and Spanish localizations
- Fix problem with absolute symlinks
- Use natural sorting for files with numbers
- Add preferences to hide filename extensions and file sizes
0.2.1 (6) April 8, 2007
- Added Japanese localizations
- Fixed case-sensitivity when matching valid filename extensions
- Fixed a minor problem with certain symlinks
- Changed EnableFileDurations default to NO until metadata is cached
- Fixed not finding cover art when folder name contains [, ], ? or *.
0.2.0 (5) April 8, 2007
- Don't show the menu item when viewing remote sources
- This can be changed by setting the value of FRRemoteAppliance in Info.plist to