Welcome to the wiki page for the "A Series of Tubes" AppleTV plug-in
This plug-in allows you to browse and watch YouTube popular videos on your AppleTV. It was developed by Xdog.
Here's a video of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vszCaC1A8-g
A Series of Tubes requires:
- You own an AppleTV and it's connected to the internet
- You are willing to install non-Apple software on your AppleTV
- You have the latest version of Perian installed on your AppleTV
It is expected you know what you are doing when it comes to AppleTV plug-in installation. The currently tested method of delivery is by way of Patchstick or ATVLoader.
The plugin requires that you have Perian v0.5 installed or a version
1.0 beta of Perian. Note that version 1.0 of A Series of Tubes does
not take advantage of the new streaming capabilities found in version
1.0b2 and later of Perian. When Perian 1.0 goes final, a version 1.1
release of A Series of Tubes will take advantage of streaming.
Version 1.0.1: ASOT-1.0.1.zip
- 15:08, 16 May 2007 (EST) -- Currently version 0.9.0 is in a private beta. It is expected to be released within a few days.
- 19:22, 17 May 2007 (EST) -- Beta testing is progressing nicely. I met-up with macTijn and the gang on IRC today. A Series of Tubes will be made available via ATVLoader when it's ready for version 1.0 release.
- 15:33, 23 May 2007 (EST) -- After enjoying seeing Monday's youtube video going viral across the world and back, we decided we ought to actually release the plugin. Walla. Released! Yay! Today we are dancing to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOoQFa5ug8