Heres a first attempt at a VLC streaming plugin, currently it ssh'es into target Mac, list contents then launches VLC in server mode. On the client it Launches VLC and connects it to the server.
- Cannot pause / exit VLC once forked, so must watch episode all the way through!
- Need icon, graphics on sub menus etc.
- Has crashed for me once or twice, although I think I had a ripstop problem.
- Needs to be configurable.
- Latency on directory listing
I'm only releasing the source for this, as its not ready for primetime. You'll need to edit it for you computer name and login, and install SSH keys.
ps License - GPL I suppose...