Last.fm is a UK-based internet radio and music community website, founded in 2002. The OS X version of Last.fm runs on Apple TV after a series of hacks.
Note: the following is a very rough guide to get you started.
Download the latest dmg for OS X here: http://www.last.fm/download/
- Install SSH
- Install VNC
- Install the Sedative Patch.
- Install the Combined 10.4.9 upgrade.
- Unsure if this is absolutely necessary, but before I did it Last.fm or killing ripstop crashed the whole box. At one point my volume needed checking and it was set to mount rw, so I had to restore to factory settings and torx open the AppleTV all over again.
- I used NitoTV's Smart Installer
- Copy the Last.fm DMG to the Apple TV using SCP
- Mount the DMG and copy Last.fm.app to /Applications/
- Initiate a VNC connection
- $ sudo mv /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.bk
- $ open /Applications/Last.fm.app
- Use VNC to run through configuration options. (Login, Password...)
- Disable "Launch when iTunes Starts".
- $ sudo mv /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.bk /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app
- $ open Finder.app
- to restart it if necessary?
Now Last.fm will scrobble the tracks you play from the AppleTV!