AppleTV OS 3.0
Released October 29, 2009
From Apple: "The new software for Apple TV features a simpler and faster interface that gives you instant access to your favorite content," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of Internet Services. "HD movies and HD TV shows from iTunes have been a huge hit with Apple TV customers, and with Apple TV 3.0 they get great new features including iTunes Extras, Genius Mixes and Internet radio."
- Redesigned main menu
- iTunes LPs and iTunes Extras are available in full-screen, enhancing the viewer experience for audio and video titles
Confirmed working in 3.0:
- Patchstick created with OS 2.1 works. SSH enabled. Accessing AppleTV with Cyberduck (sftp) works great.
- Patchstick created with OS 3.0 works as well.
- QuickTime components (a.k.a. codecs) work.
- Composite Colour
- AppleFileShare Server (AFP) working using afpinstall.sh and ATV-Recover image.
- LaunchMore! (version 0.4)
- XBMC/Boxee Launcher (both XBMC and Boxee working)
- NitoTV 0.81
- Couch Surfer 2.1
- Samba Server
- Transmission on AppleTV
- ATVFiles (1.3 beta is working great, see: http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3246)
- - (id)controllerForIdentifier:(id)identifier -> - (id)controllerForIdentifier:(id)identifier args:(id) identifier2
- className needs to return a different string. "MOVAppliance" works.
- BRRenderScene is gone
- BRCenteredMenuController is gone (fraps using SapphireCompatClasses don't need any changes for this item)
- layoutManager is gone, it's been replaced by a call to the control's - (void)layoutSubcontrols
USB and watchdog patch offsets are unchanged from 2.4.
dmg name: 2Z694-5789-067.dmg
download location: http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-6795.20091029.Vbgtr/2Z694-5789-067.dmg
unzip no longer exists, use tar instead --Arfore 02:56, 4 November 2009 (CET)
Getting error when i try and use installer -bash-2.05b$ installer dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTIN3KJS11InterpreterE
Solution: If you have run nitoTV Smart Installer you can run the installer cli like this "DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH='/System/Library/Frameworks/OSXFrames/' installer" (not " of course)