AppleTV OS 2.2
Released on 3rd October 2008.
- Dual Audio Support for Movie files (while holding Play/Pause whilst playing movie files)
- Genius playlist feature (activated by holding Play/Pause whilst playing a song)
- Fixes Security Bug in Quicktime that could lead to code execution.
- Music Video playlists
- On-the-Go Playlists
- Standby Option
- HD TV Show Playback and Purchase
Patchstick & AFP
- Patchstick works (ssh can be enabled as always)
- afpinstall.sh works to enable AFP access
- Boxee is working (you may have to reinstall or reapply Patchstick)
- NitoTV_Take_2 is working with limited functionality, QuickTime is working again (thanks gbooker) but no volume control, text overlay, or keymaps.
- WebKit Browser alias Couchsurfer is working
- Firefox is working.
- XBMC ('Apple TV OS' version 2.2 requires ATV USB Creator 0.3 and for you to update the XBMC/Boxee Launcher to 0.2 and then XBMC for Mac to have a completely successful install: http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_for_Mac_on_Apple_TV)
- IScripts is working
- Sapphire is working
- ATVFiles is working
Questions & Answers
Q: How do I keep my hacked AppleTV from updating to OS 2.2?
A: See this link
Q: If I choose to update to OS 2.2 will it disable SSH access and blow away all the installed software (Sapphire, NitoTV, etc)?
A: YES. If you want everything to work DO NOT UPGRADE (at least until the plugins you use have been updated).
- pageUsageHash is gone from BREvent
- BRVideoPlayerController is gone
- BRSimpleMediaAsset is gone
- kBREventUsageContinualRight and kBREventUsageContinualLeft both gone
dmg name: 2Z694-5499.dmg
- Apple TV 2.2 update information glut: HD TV, navigation features, more - MacUser
- Apple TV 2.2 adds music video, Genius, On-the-Go Playlists - Ars Technica
- Apple TV 2.2 update delivers HDTV shows, Genius support - AppleInsider
- iTunes, Apple TV updated - MacUser
- Apple: Apple TV 2.2 - MacInTouch
- Apple TV 2.2 fixes security, adds Genius support - MacNN
- Apple releases iTunes, Apple TV updates - MacWorld
- Apple TV Update Version 2.2 Posted - iPod Observer
- Apple Releases Apple TV 2.2 Update with Genius Playlists - MacRumors
- Apple TV update 2.2 - TUAW
- Apple TV 2.2 adds Genius support, HD TV shows, security improvements - MacDailyNews