BackRow 2.3 SDK
This page elaborates my endeavors to create an SDK like, ready to use environment for developing AppleTV appliances. For the moment this stuff here is compatible (I mean, I tested it) with firmware 2.3 and 2.4 and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
by ronnyf - August 2009
You could download the (almost) ready to deploy (sort of) SDK from here. The only thing you need is an official AppleTV firmware package - problematically, only 2.4 is available from the Apple servers. I have not tested this with 2.4 but with 2.3 - just to mention it. It should be fine with 2.4 but it is NOT YET TESTED WITH FIRMWARE 2.4.
Enough said, here are the instructions:
XCode 3.1+ should be installed (including the 10.4 stuff)
- mount AppleTV firmware 2.3 (2Z694-5660-029.dmg)
- extract backrow_sdk_2.3.zip in any directory of your liking
a directory BRSDK will magically appear and in this directory, you will find
- an install script (one of my first ones, so if you have comments about the efficiency, I would be very glad to hear from you
- the private headers for 2.3 (thanks to Bgan1982) - I just re-packaged them
- an XCode template for an AppleTV appliance, created and working with XCode 3.1.3
execute the script as super user ("sudo -s" helps a lot)
- alternatively, you can copy, symlink, and extract the files by yourself
That's it, that's all. Now you should have a nice template and a working AppleTV appliance. If you have any comments, suggestions for improvement or just something on your mind; just drop me a line: ronnyf.atv (a+t) gmail.com Good luck and happy coding.
PS: Thanks to Alan Quatermain and Brandon Holland for their excellent work on this topic.
check the forum